Sunday, October 25, 2015

Week 9 CECS 5110

I am enjoying the classes at UNT way more than I anticipated!  First of all, the Adobe Creative Cloud subscription might be my favorite thing on the planet.  It has given me access to all kinds of awesome software that I have always wondered about!  With each class I take, I am learning more and more about how to use these softwares and I. Am. In. Love.  

This week I dove into InDesign and Adobe Acrobat to create an interactive PDF.  I watched tutorials that made me realize, "AHH!!  THAT'S how companies make interactive pdf catalogs that I download from their websites!!!".  I assumed it was some kind of crazy-complicated software and after this week, I feel as if I could do it!  A simple catalog.  Maybe I'll make one for the little business that my mom and I have!  ...in all of my free time! ;)

...Back to class!  As far as using this for instruction, absolutely!!  I think I could make some really cool things, even for my kinder babies!  I think that being able to combine audio, text, AND visual is great!  Especially if I could figure out how to highlight the text to go along with the audio!  That would be a real plus for my students, but I'm guessing a complicated task to create such a thing!  So maybe I'll leave that to the professionals! ;)

I think that including all three types of media is a great way to make sure that you are meeting the needs of ALL of your students.  I cannot think of any potential issues, but as with everything, I am sure there are some! 

No comments:

Post a Comment