Friday, March 20, 2015

My absolute, MUST HAVE app for teaching littles about technology

In case you didn't know...I'm an Apple Addict!  At home we have a handful of iPods, a MacBook Pro, a Desktop, and 2 iPads.  We love us some apples!  Ohh...I almost forgot!  I gave  myself my husband an AppleTv for his birthday!  My techy daughter (9) and I have a blast coming up with different things we can do with it!  ...but this post is not about AppleTv.

We don't have AppleTv at my school.  BUT we DO have Reflector!!  And O.M.G.!! This is a MUST for anyone who does not have AppleTv!  A much cheaper alternative! (only $12.99 for one user!...discounts available for multiple users!)

I use this thing almost daily!  Anytime I want to introduce a new app to my class, I show them using reflector.  If I want to play music in my classroom, I use reflector to play it from my iPad through the speakers in my classroom ceiling.

It's so easy...
There's an icon on my desktop computer that I double click.  Then on my device (iPad, iPhone, iPod, etc) I "swipe up" and click "AirPlay".  Here's where it gets tricky!  Make sure you know which computer is yours!!  Our whole school has this and one time, I may have sent "Shake it Off" blaring in the Kinder classroom down the hall! ;)  Sorry, Mrs. B!

Anyway!  You can click "mirroring" if you want your iPad screen to show on your desktop computer.  In my classroom, I have a projector, so I turn on my projector, which shows what I have on my desktop...whiiiich is whatever I have "reflected" there!  TA DA!

Then I can show my students how to use a new app!  We also use this for group activities!  You can "reflect" more than one iPad at a time!!  ...more on that later! ;)

Happy Reflecting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment