Tuesday, November 8, 2016

What the Tech?! - Week 7



My pick for this week is an app that my team used to use all the time!  It never fails- someone is going to Starbucks, someone picks up lunch, or someone orders team shirts.  Everybody needs to pay someone back and guess what... no one has cash or change.  That's when you need to tell your co-worker, friend, family (whoever owes you money) to get Venmo!  Venmo is a snazzy dazzy app that allows you to pay others.  You can tie your bank account or credit card to your Venmo account. 

There is a small processing fee for the RECEIVING person if you link it to your credit card.  (So if you send me $15 and have it tied to your credit card, I don't get the full $15).  So that kind of stinks, but the app is so user friendly that it makes up for it!  You can also REQUEST money from friends and send (gentle) REMINDERS if they don't pay your request.  I know several teams are already using it on our campuses, but I keep coming across people who haven't heard about it.  I used it recently to collect money for the purchase of Technology Dept. T-Shirts.  I was surprised how many had not heard of it.   Try it out! :) 

Remember, if you have an app/site/tech product to share with us- we want to know about it!  There's a link in my weekly email to submit your favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment