Tuesday, October 11, 2016

What the Tech?! - Week 3


Three words.  Online. Grocery. Shopping.

If you haven't tried it, you can thank me for changing your life.  It used to be that I spent hours of my life loading two kids in the car, going to the store, waiting in the lines, etc.  No more.

I have tried Walmart and Kroger.  I was happy with Walmart and their service is free, but we moved and now I use Kroger because it is more convenient for me.  Kroger is free the first 3 times and after that it is $4.95.  Worth every penny.  When I tell people about this their biggest concern is always that they want to pick out their produce.  I have found that either the online order fillers are better at picking out produce than me or they pull it from the back somewhere!  I have never been disappointed!

So here's how it works.  You make an account online and shop!  Just like you would online shop anywhere else.  You can get things from anywhere inside the store!  Food, nail polish, pledge, whatever!  Add it to your cart.  At check out, you pick a one hour window when you will pick up your order.  It does have to be the next day, so you do have to plan a little bit ahead.  I've placed orders in the afternoon and 8:00 a.m. pickup times were available, so it's not that big of a deal!  When you get to the store, you park in one of their designated parking spots and call them number on the sign.

They. even. come. put. it. all. in. your. car.

And the whole time, the kids are happy as little larks watching Daniel Tiger in the back of the car!

Everyone wins with online grocery shopping!  Don't you love technology?! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment